To get search on your new website you need to sign up to Google Custom Search. It's a really simple process.
How to add Google Custom Search
To add Google Custom Search:
- Set up CSE for each MP subnation here: https://www.google.com/cse
- Use these options:
Setup > Look and feel > Layout: choose full-width
Setup > Look and feel > Theme: choose minimalist
- Save the widget code and copy the ID (it will look something like this: 017910559167023294292:ifuslmfiiqw)
- In your NationBuilder site, navigate to the /search page's settings (If your nation does not have a /search page, create one: type basic, published so that anyone can see
- Tag the page sys_search and sys_search_id_GOOGLE_CUSTOM_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID. Make sure to separate those tags with a comma, so that they look like this: sys_search, sys_search_id_017910559167023294292:ifuslmfiiqw.
- Save the page.
- To disable Google search, remove the tag sys_search" from page "/search"