Across the country, people are volunteering to help their communities through the Coronavirus outbreak.
That’s why we’re making this page with links to online resources produced by volunteers and public bodies available. Clicking on links or on the images will take you to other web pages.
Please use them and share them with your friends and neighbours. We will be updating it regularly as more resources become available, please do get in touch if you feel there is something we haven't included yet.
Across Herefordshire there are many different groups and charities helping in the fight against Coronavirus.
Herefordshire Council -
Leading the fight is the Herefordshire county Council. During this time they are providing information and helping support local residents. Below is some links to help you find information you may be after.
- The Council are keeping a daily update of information, which can be viewed at herefordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
- If you are wanting to volunteer during this time, you can find out more at herefordshire.gov.uk/covid19help . The council do need more people to assist them with their Talk Community response, so if you can help please contact the council’s Talk Community Covid-19 response team on 01432 260027 or email email@example.com
- Due to social distancing rules and advice to minimise travel, bus operators will be reducing travel times, to see how the services are affected, please visit - Herefordshire Bus Timetable
- WISH have details of over 100 local businesses, which are offering a fantastic range of grocery and meal delivery services across Herefordshire. Find what you need in your area, at .wish community support
Local Charities & Groups -
- During this lock down, the local food bank is offering help, but is also in need of donations. To find out more visit herefordfoodbank.co.uk
- The Hereford Bid have been providing up to date information to local business, which can be followed at herefordbid news
- In Ross-on-Wye, the Ross Good Neighbour Scheme is helping local residents who are in isolation or in need. To find out more visit www.rosscdt.org.uk
- On Facebook, there is the Hereford Rotary Covid 19 page, that is full of local information. This can be found at Hereford Rotary COVID-19 Volunteers
- Also on the Hereford Rotary Covid 19 Page, a member has created a list of companies doing deliveries in Herefordshire. There is a PDF which can be viewed at Covid Group Delivery list
During this time the government has put out many different sources of information on coronavirus, so to help we have put some links below to help guide you to pages you may need.
- To see a general FAO on what you can and cant do during the lock down, please visit - coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
- For a full list of information from the Government about health, finance, schools, etc - please visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- For information on the upcoming self employed grants, please visit self-employment-income-support-scheme The Federation of Small Businesses has further advice at FSB-Advice
- For information on the voucher scheme for schools providing free school meals, please visit - voucher-scheme-launches-for-schools-providing-free-school-meals
Other Resources -
There are additional resources on our National Website, which can be found by clicking here
If you wish to help the NHS by joining the army of volunteers, click here
If you, like many others, are worried about your own or a friend/family members mental health, the mental health charity Mind has some advice which can be found by clicking here
If you are looking for a way to track symptoms, there is now an app to self-report symptoms, which can be found by clicking here
Online resources for you to use
These online resources are produced by volunteers and public bodies.
Please use them and share them with your friends and neighbours. We will be updating it regularly as more resources become available.
People may have concerns about transmitting the virus via paper. Current health advice is that delivering items to people’s letterboxes is ok, as set out in the Royal Mail’s statement on their continuing to deliver the post: www.royalmail.com/coronavirus
Where can I find the latest advice?
The latest UK Government advice is available at gov.uk/coronavirus
The latest England medical advice is available at nhs.uk/coronavirus
The latest Scotland medical advice is available at nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
Taking sensible precautions while helping others
Please take all appropriate medical advice seriously before calling on anyone and look to emulate best practice, such as from online supermarket delivery services.
- Hygiene – washing our hands more regularly soap and water for 20 seconds. You may want to take hand sanitiser (at least 60% alcohol content) out with you.
- Social distancing – including not shaking hands with residents or colleagues, keeping 2m apart, leaving things on doorsteps
All across the UK communities and individuals are developing new ideas and new resources for how we can care for our neighbours at this difficult time. If you’ve developed a community resource and would like it shared on this site, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org