I was first elected to Ross Town Council in 2010 when there was a vacancy following the resignation of a
councillor. I stood again and was re-elected in 2011 when the whole council was up for election. During my time
on Ross Town Council I have chaired both the Amenities and Events Committees and been a member of the
Planning and Sustainable Development Committee and the Policy and Management Committee.
Having a desire to see Ross thrive and grow I have, in addition since 2009, been the voluntary secretary of the
Association of Ross Traders and Town Plan Group. Over the years I have enjoyed being involved in organising the
Christmas Fayre, Pancake Races, River Festival, Christmas Light Switch-on and several other special events in the
town such as The Freedom of the Rifles and the Olympic Torch Relay. Helping to promote Ross gives me great
pleasure and I am passionate about supporting the local economy and town centre shops.
An on-going project that I am involved with and has gone from strength to strength is The Blake Memorial Garden
Project which has seen the transformation of a largely neglected area of the town into a beautiful and welcoming
garden. I don’t like complaining about things, preferring to get on and do something instead.
- Ross Town Councillor since 2010
- Member of the Amenities, Planning and Events Committees of the Town Council
- Secretary to the Association of Ross Traders (ART)
- Secretary to the Ross Town Plan/Neighbourhood Plan Group
- Volunteer and Coordinator at The Thomas Blake Memorial Garden Project
- Member of the Hedgehog Festival Committee
- Member of the Ross Decorative and Fine Art Society
- Organised the 2014 Ross River Festival
- Organised the Flavours of Ross-on-Wye Market 2013 and the Ross Harvest Market 2014
- Helped to organise the Freedom of the Town Ceremony for the Rifles Regiment 2013
- Has a degree in Design and Art History